I want to donate non-perishable or household items. What do I do?

Please contact and coordinate with our Facilities Manager, John Phillips, at (681) 285-5781.

I want to drop-off or donate hot, prepared food. What do I do?

Please contact Helen Panzironi at (304) 292-0101, ext. 204.

Does Bartlett Housing Solutions only help the homeless?

​The mission of Bartlett Housing Solutions is to house, provide supportive services, and help break the cycle of homelessness. We are committed to providing an environment that meets a person’s basic needs in an atmosphere where people are treated with dignity and respect.

​Bartlett Housing Solutions recognizes that homelessness is a growing social problem throughout the United States and West Virginia. The philosophy of Bartlett Housing Solutions is that persons who lack resources to provide for themselves shelter, food, and medical attention should have those necessities provided for them. Although Bartlett House does not want to foster dependency, we feel it is important to offer homeless people a way to break the cycle of homelessness; thus, we provide the resources to do so.

​Bartlett House Solutions addresses the problems of homelessness in Monongalia County by meeting the following objectives:

  • Utilizing the Housing-First model arrange for emergency, bridge, or supportive housing for homeless individuals who have insufficient resources to provide for these necessities.
  • Provide social casework and other services necessary to assist with developing and implementing a realistic plan for remedying an individual’s homelessness.
  • Work with community groups and agencies to develop additional resources to meet the needs of the homeless population.
Are ex-tenants allowed to volunteer or work for Bartlett Housing Solutions?

Absolutely! We have several folks who were former program participants and tenants in our apartments. We would love to have you. Just complete the volunteer application.

What is Coordinated Entry?

Coordinated Entry and Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) is a process developed to ensure that all people experiencing a housing crisis have fair and equal access and are quickly identified, assessed, referred and connected to housing and assistance based on their strengths and needs.

For Coordinated Entry, call (833) 722-2014.

I have other questions that aren’t answered here. Whom do I call?

For more information, please call 304-292-0101 between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or email Keri Demasi at kdemasi@bartletthousingsolutions.org.

Where does my donation go?

Bartlett Housing Solutions is a not-for-profit organization meaning that every donation goes to supplying our clients with their basic needs, providing meals, and keeping the lights on. Even small donations can go a long way to a person in need.

Donations can be translated in the following way:

$20: 5 dinners for children

$50: Pays for one month of an electricity bill for a newly housed tennant

$100: Startup supplies for a new apartment

$300: A week of meals (+snacks) for 12 men and women

$500: Rent or a security deposit to house a new client

$1000: 133 nights of Shelter and services for a working homeless person

Do you take corporate donations?

Sponsorships are offered at different levels to allow businesses to choose a level with which you feel most comfortable. We are proud of the work we are doing in our community and excited to let people know you’ve helped us to advance our mission to end homelessness in our community.

The following are the tiers that we offer, though we are happy to work with you on any type of sponsorship you see fit:

Par: $120 – $250 / $10 – $20 mo.

Birdie: $251 – $375 / $20 – $31 mo.

Eagle: $300 – $500 / $25 – $42 mo.

Hole in One: $501 or more / $42 mo. or more

Bartlett Housing Solutions has focused its mission on getting people back into housing as quickly as possible and then working with them to keep them housed. We are focused on permanent solutions to homelessness, not simply providing a temporary one.

Donations can be made @ https://www.bartletthousingsolutions.org/get-involved/donations/, in-person, or mailed to:
Keri DeMasi, Executive Director, 10 West Run Road, Suite 200, Morgantown, WV 26508

What do I have to do to be a volunteer at Bartlett Housing Solutions?

If a person decides that they would like to volunteer, they need to complete an application. Completing an application ensures we are keeping with state and federal law (e.g., confidentiality, etc.) and as a way to screen potentially inappropriate or special circumstance applications (underage, groups, etc.).

The link to our volunteer application is here. Once the volunteer-applicant fills out and submits the application, we get a notification that it is sent. Our Grant & Resource Manager will then review and approve the applicant, as appropriate. Usually, we can get back to people the same day, and if not, within 24 hours. The application only takes 3 minutes to complete.

Does everyone need to fill out an application?

Yes, applications are required in keeping with state and federal law. If you volunteered with us before and completed a paper application, you will need to complete the new online form.

If you have difficulty completing the form for any reason, please call 304-292-0101 ext. 204, and we will walk you through the process.

Can people under the age of 18 volunteer?

Yes, with the written permission of their parents or guardian.

How do I self-schedule for volunteer opportunities?

Once your application has been reviewed and approved, you will receive a password reset link by email, as well as instructions on how to use the system. If you have your password, you will be using our online volunteer system called VicNet. VicNet (Volunteer Information Center) InterNet is a web-based system that will allow you to see what service opportunities are available and self-schedule for single, one-time service opportunities, or on an ongoing basis for up to 6 months at a time.

If you are already a volunteer to access VicNet, click on the link at the bottom of our site that says Volunteer/Coordinator Sign-in. Once you click on this link; use your email address as your username and create a password to log in. You receive the password link when you are first approved to volunteer (within 24 hours of your approval email). Your password will allow you to access VicNet and sign up for volunteer opportunities on the calendar. This link will allow you to reset your password to anything you want for future use.

If you have any problems accessing the calendar, please contact our Grant & Resource Manager at hpanzironi@bartletthousingsolutions.org.

I signed up on WVU iServe. Is there anything else I have to do?

To process your application, we need you to complete our internal form here. Go to the bottom of the page and complete the application. We usually can get back to people the same day, and if not, within 24 hours. The application only takes 3 minutes to complete.

Is there a way to get a report or summary of my service history (hours worked)?

Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email with instructions on how to use every aspect of our system. You can see all the hours you have worked on your phone, tablet, or PC and download that information if you need a printed copy. You can receive a signed copy by the site supervisor or volunteer coordinator on request by emailing hpanzironi@bartletthousingsolutions.org.

How do I receive my PIN?

You receive your unique PIN when your application is first approved. You will find it in the first two emails you receive from us. This PIN is unique to you and is used to track all your hours while you are volunteering with us.

I have a learning contract I have to have signed for a class I am taking/to fulfill probation requirements. Whom do I need to talk to?

If you have a learning contract or other documentation that you need for a class assignment, you must schedule an appointment with the person who coordinates and supervises student volunteer curriculum requirements. Please call 304-292-0101 ext 204 after your application is approved and before you start a volunteer assignment to schedule a time to discuss your contract and any needs you have to fulfill for your course requirements.

Can groups sign up for volunteer activities at Bartlett Housing Solution? Does everyone in the group needs to sign up?

Yes, we welcome groups! Due to state and federal requirements, everyone must complete the application. Please make sure that everyone in your group includes your group name on the form in the area specified for that information.

I’m having trouble accessing the online calendar or another part of the volunteer application. What should I do?

You will receive a guide that answers this question when your application is first approved. Refer to the manual in the area that discusses self-scheduling service hours.

I still have questions about volunteering. Whom do I call?

Please call 304-292-0101 ext 204 or email Helen Panzironi at hpanzironi@bartletthousingsolutions.org. We will be happy to assist you.

How can I help?

We rely on your support to make housing possible for those experiencing homelessness. Donations and volunteering are the most common ways to help, but we also take donations in the form of furniture or toiletry items.

Bartlett Housing Solutions is a local nonprofit that has helped over ten thousand people throughout Monongalia County over the past 30 years. We serve those who are experiencing homelessness and work each day to fulfill our mission.

If I know someone who is struggling, can I refer them to you?

Yes, if the individual is homeless or at risk of being homeless, they can call Coordinated Entry at (833) 722-2014, or they can show up at the Emergency Triage Shelter located at 20 Scott Avenue, Morgantown, WV any evening after 8 p.m. If they have children, please call Joe at (304) 292-0101 ext 207.

If you have other non-emergency questions about our services, you can email jsengewalt@bartletthousingsolutions.org Monday – Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

If the person you know is experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or have them go to their nearest hospital emergency department.

I’m a local nonprofit looking to partner with Bartlett Housing Solutions, who can I contact?

Great! Let’s join forces. Please contact out Executive Director/CEO Keri DeMasi at 304-292-0101 or KDeMasi@bartletthousingsolutions.org

I am a provider and want to refer someone to your program. How do I do that?

Please contact Coordinated Entry Intake Line at 833-722-2014.

How do I find out what types of donations you need?

We can make use of just about anything. Bath towels, sheets, non-perishable food, laundry detergent, kitchen appliances and first-aid supplies are just a few. Check out our complete list of items we can always use to see what else you can donate.

Are there any types of donations you DON’T take?

The only donations that we don’t take are clothing. We recommend giving clothing to a local charity that distributes free clothing or one of the many local thrift shops of your choosing.

Is there something you need, particularly right now, or that you always need?

Our needs vary due to the types of donations we are receiving and the unique needs of our clients. Frequently, we need diapers, formula, and “Welcome Home Kits” (a plastic kitchen garbage can filled with a mop, paper products and basic cleaning supplies).

The best thing to do if you have a donation is to call us or look at our social media platforms. Sometimes we have too much of one thing and not enough of another thing. For information, call 304-292-0101 Monday – Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. –5 p.m. and ask to speak to our Facilities Manager. Starting in 2020, we will be listing our current needs every other Wednesday. This is the best source of information that reflects the real needs of those we serve.

Where do you take donations, and during what hours?

We take donations Monday – Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at:

10 West Run Road, Suite 200
Morgantown, WV 26508

If our regular donation drop off times do not work with your schedule, please call 304-292-0101 and ask to speak to our Facilities Manager to coordinate a specific drop off time outside these hours.

I’m housed, now what?

Once placed into housing, participants work closely with Case Managers to develop and maintain a “housing sustainability plan.” This plan is individualized to your needs/challenges. Our Case Managers will perform home visits and supportive services to ensure you are connected with all the eligible resources necessary to keep you in housing. Our Case Managers will work with you for at least 12 months after being housed.

Why can’t I stay at the Triage Shelter during the day?

Our Triage Shelter is designed to provide temporary shelter for homeless individuals and families until appropriate and affordable permanent housing can be found. The Triage Shelter also includes safety and protection from exposure to the weather for individuals experiencing homelessness. For more than 30 years, research has demonstrated that stabilizing people through shelter, moving them into permanent housing, and implementing assistance programs to keep them in their housing, can not only reduce but eliminate, homelessness. Shelters are a stepping stone on the way to housing, not a destination.

I have a car. Do you have parking available?

We have parking available to program participants at both our West Run and Scott Avenue locations.

What is a Housing Plan, and when would I need to do one?

At Bartlett Housing Solutions, the goal for ALL of our programs is HOUSING. Participants in all of our programs will be assigned a case manager. Together, you will work on a housing plan aimed at returning you to permanent sustainable housing.

Can I file a grievance against Bartlett Housing Solutions?

The following grievance procedure shall apply to all persons who are not employees of Bartlett House, Inc. Grievances strictly against Bartlett House Policies and actions will be handled in the following way:

1. Grievances shall be presented to the Client Services Manager, in writing or verbally, within ten (10) workdays of the action, which is the subject of the grievance. The Client Services Manager will respond to the grievance, in writing or verbally, within five (5) workdays of receipt of the grievance.

2. If the grievant is dissatisfied with the decision, the grievance may be appealed to the Executive Director within five (5) workdays after receipt of the decision of the Client Services Manager.

3. If the grievant is dissatisfied with the decision, the grievance may be appealed to the Board President within five (5) workdays after receipt of the decision of the Executive Director. The Executive Committee will meet within twenty (20) workdays to hear all parties. The Executive Committee will make a final decision on the grievances and put it in writing within ten (10) workdays after the meeting.

4. If the grievant is still dissatisfied, he/she may make a final appeal to the full Board of Directors. The grievant must make such appeal, in writing, within five (5) workdays after the decision of the Executive Committee. The grievances will be heard at the next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Directors. Each of the parties involved will have a reasonable opportunity to be heard. The Board will make a final decision in the grievances and put it in writing to all parties within ten (10) workdays after the meeting.

I have nowhere to go tonight, what can I do?

If you have nowhere else to go right now, our Emergency Triage Shelter located at 20 Scott Avenue and is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week, on a first come first served basis. We recommend that you get there by 7:30 p.m. to ensure that you get a bed. If you are a family with children; please call our Client Services Manager at (304) 292-0101 ext. 207. We will hold a bed for a family with children on the night of intake.

I went to the Emergency Triage Shelter downtown, and no one answered. What are your hours?

The Triage Shelter is located at 20 Scott Avenue, and open seven days a week from 8 p.m. – 8 a.m.

Will I be denied a bed if I am under the influence of drugs or alcohol?

No. Bartlett Housing Solutions is a “no barrier” service provider meaning that we will never deny someone the help they need. However, we do not allow people to bring any drugs or alcohol into the Shelter. Additionally, although we do not require you to be sober to enter the shelter, we do expect everyone to be respectful and non-disruptive to the other clients.

I have a pet. Can I still get services from you?

Bartlett Housing Solutions is a pet friendly organization and therefore permits pets in our programs. However, it is necessary to ensure the comfort and safety of all program participants. Therefore, if you are homeless and have a pet; we recommend that you contact us before checking in so that we can plan accordingly. Additionally, participants with pets are required to show proof of current vaccination records, keep their pet on a leash, take proper care of and clean up after their pet, and be willing to follow our Pet Policy while staying in our programs.

I’m not necessarily homeless, but I’m struggling. Is there anything you guys can do?

Bartlett Housing Solutions offers a variety of programs. However, all our programs are for individuals and families who are homeless. There are a variety of other community programs offering other forms of assistance to those who are struggling in a variety of areas. We recommend that you contact your local United Way and/or Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) to see what other programs may be able to assist you.

My landlord is about to evict me, what can I do?

In the State of West Virginia, landlords must utilize the Magistrate Court in order to evict someone from a rental unit. This means that you must be served papers outlining the date and time of the eviction hearing. If you did NOT receive papers from the Magistrate Court, your landlord cannot evict you. It is important that you attend your hearing even if you are not disputing the basis for eviction. The Magistrate Judge will rule on the eviction at the hearing and state the date that you must be out of your unit. It is very important to begin working on an alternative housing plan as soon as you learn that your landlord intends to evict you. Waiting until the day that the judge ordered you out of the unit may make it more challenging to find a preferred housing placement.

Do I have to pay any sort of rent to stay at your facilities?

Nitor Suites serves as the home for our ​Bridge Housing program. In the Bridge Housing program, residents work closely with Case Managers to determine what has led them to homelessness and what steps they must take to overcome their situation. Bridge Housing residents must live by program rules, pay rent (if applicable), and abide by a budget and savings plan. Rent at Nitor Suites is based on 30% of your adjusted gross income, although income is not required. However it will not exceed $163 per suite. The goal of the Bridge Housing Program is to provide residents safe, temporary housing and case management services that allow them to become more stable and attain safe, sustainable housing upon exiting the program. ​

Nitor Suites is home to 11 suites that house a total of 36 residents. Each suite has its own restroom, and each resident is provided with a bed, wardrobe, nightstand and dresser. Our dedicated kitchen staff serves residents three meals a day, Monday – Friday, and brunch and dinner on weekends. Residents have access to on-site laundry, vending machines, a day room, children’s playroom and playground and case management services.

Bartlett Housing Solutions participates in the WV Coordinated Entry Program. That means that all programs (except our Emergency Triage Shelter) require a referral from Coordinated Entry. You can call Coordinated Entry at 1-833-722-2014.

How long can I stay at Bartlett Housing?

Our goal is for no one to have to stay at the Emergency Triage Shelter for more than 30 days. The reason for this is to ensure that the Emergency Triage Shelter’s beds remain open for those that recently became homeless. The Emergency Triage shelter is NOT a housing program. Rather, it is a shelter to go to when you have no other place to go. Our staff will work with you to identify a permanent housing destination. The length of time people stay in any of the other programs offered by Bartlett Housing Solutions depends on the services you will be receiving and the individual needs of you and your family. Our goal for all of our programming is for you to find and be able to sustain permanent housing.